The Mirror ... !!!

  • Bhikkhu Samahita
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 30, 2005

      Friends:

        The Action of Kamma and it's Fruit: Cause & Effect!

      Helping others, one thereby helps oneself!
      Harming others, one also harms oneself!
      Supporting others, one supports oneself!
      Cheating others, one also cheats oneself!
      Giving to others, one also gives to oneself!
      Stealing from others, one steals from oneself!

      Guarding oneself, one thus protects others...
      Protecting others, one thus guards oneself...

      To avoid all Killing.
      To avoid all Stealing.
      To avoid all Abuse.
      To avoid all Lying.
      To avoid all Alcohol.
      Is thus to this world
      the Highest Offer!

      Avoiding all Evil
      Doing only Good
      Purifying the Mind
      That all Buddhas Teach!

                            Dhammapada 18
               http://www.What-Buddha-Said.org/Canon/Sutta/KN/Dhammapada.htm

      PS: Please include the word Samahita in any comment, since then
      will my automatic mail filters pick it up and I will see it & respond!!

       Bhikkhu Samahita, Sri Lanka.

       Friendship is the Greatest ...
       Let there be Calm & Free Bliss !!!

      http://www.What-Buddha-Said.org/
       Dhamma-Questions sent to my email are quite Welcome.