RE: Rigpa Glimpse of the Day

  • Namdrol Tsepal
    Message 1 of 921 , Jun 5, 2005
      If meditation in Dzogchen is simply to continue the flow of Rigpa after the
      introduction by the master, how do we know when it is Rigpa and when it is
      not? I asked Dilgo Khyentse Rinpoche this question, and he replied with his
      characteristic simplicity: �If you are in an unaltered state, it is Rigpa.�

      If we are not contriving or manipulating the mind in any way, but simply
      resting in an unaltered state of pure and pristine awareness, thatis Rigpa.
      If there is any contriving on our part or any kind of manipulating or
      grasping, it is not. Rigpa is a state in which there is no longer any doubt;
      there is not really a mind to doubt: you see directly. If you are in this
      state, a complete, natural certainty and confidence surge up with the Rigpa
      itself, and that is how you know.

      Sogyal Rinpoche

      Renunciation has both sadness and joy in it: sadness because you realize the
      futility of your old ways, and joy because of the greater vision that begins
      to unfold when you are able to let go of them. This is no ordinary joy. It
      is a joy that gives birth to a new and profound strength, a confidence, an
      abiding inspiration that comes from the realization that you are not
      condemned to your habits, that you can indeed emerge from them, that youz
      can change, and grow more and more free.

      Sogyal Rinpoche

      Find just what you are after with the more precise, more powerful new MSN
      Search. http://search.msn.com.sg/ Try it now.
    • Analine Tsepal
      Message 921 of 921 , Aug 6 7:34 PM

        SHANTIDEVA