Where To Go

  • Jim Uht
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 16 8:14 PM
      Ken and everyone has been great about answering my questions, as I am very new to Buddhism. I have read "The Art of Happiness" and am almost done with "The World of Tibetan Buddhism". There are so many books by H.H. Dalai Lama, that I know there will always be things to learn.

      I live in Long Beach, California. I know there is a meditation center in the downtown area; but it is not Tibetan Buddhist. If there are any suggestions of where I could go to learn meditation and more about actually becoming Buddhist, I would appreciate it.
      Jim

      "A person who remains a friend, a support, when you are passing through a difficult period, is a genuine friend."

      -Dalai Lama

      Do you Yahoo!?
    • Ken/
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 16 9:29 PM
        Jim, try this listing at Buddhanet.net:
        http://www.buddhanet.net/americas/usa_cas.htm
        It's the most extensive that I have found. if you
        can't find a Tibetan center near enough, try the Ch'an
        temple.

        peace,
        Ken/

        --- Jim Uht <jim_uht@...> wrote:
        > Ken and everyone has been great about answering my
        > questions, as I am very new to Buddhism. I have read
        > "The Art of Happiness" and am almost done with "The
        > World of Tibetan Buddhism". There are so many books
        > by H.H. Dalai Lama, that I know there will always be
        > things to learn.
        >
        > I live in Long Beach, California. I know there is a
        > meditation center in the downtown area; but it is
        > not Tibetan Buddhist. If there are any suggestions
        > of where I could go to learn meditation and more
        > about actually becoming Buddhist, I would appreciate
        > it.
        >
        > Jim
        >

        > "A person who remains a friend, a support, when you
        > are passing through a difficult period, is a genuine
        > friend."
        >
        > -Dalai Lama

        Make Yahoo! your home page
        http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs