" truth "

  • clayoquot2000
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 28, 2005
      good morning.....kraig.....i do beleive that it was gandhi who
      said " all religions are truth ".....pretty sharp guy that gandhi
      was.....peace mary
    • Greg
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 28, 2005
        I would say a more accurate statement would be that all religions
        have some truth.

        :)
        Greg

        --- In Buddhism_101@yahoogroups.com, "clayoquot2000"
        <clayoquot2000@y...> wrote:

        > good morning.....kraig.....i do beleive that it was gandhi who
        > said " all religions are truth ".....pretty sharp guy that gandhi
        > was.....peace mary
      • Kraig Mottar
        Message 3 of 3 , Mar 1, 2005
          pretty sharp indeed!
          A pacifist and an anarchist. I read something written by him in a
          compilation of writting by anarchists. Though, the popular definition
          of anarchism is based on the actions and beliefs of the violent ones.
          If you can ever find it, read The Great Explosion by Eric Frank
          Russell. All are anarchist world in that book, the violent chaotic
          ones along with the peaceful one, the Gand planet named that in honor
          of Gandhi.
          It used to be available to be read, online. But I can't seem to find
          it any more.

          Back on topic, religions are good, but don't get trapped in them.
          Soak of their value then, adapt it to your own inner temple, and go
          back to that temple.

          Peace,
          Kraig