Healing Anger

  • A.Hinze@gmx.net
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 12, 2003
      > My biggest flaw is anger/resentment/bitterness and somewhere I read that
      > one should work on the biggest affliction (poison) so I read HHTDL's book
      > "healing anger". It was an in depth commentary/interpretation of
      > Shantideva's (sp) text. (Shantideva was a master/author of
      "Bodhicaryavarata" which I
      > believe translates to "The Guide to the Boddhisattva's Way of Living" and
      > was written in the 7th century).
      > If anyone is interested in getting a handle on anger I RECOMMEND THIS BOOK
      > HIGHLY.

      Yes, I would, however, it's not available any more (at least not via Amazon,
      and I don't see a chance to make Barnasidass in Bombay ship directly....)

      Axel
    • HeartwingsPapillons
      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 12, 2003
        Ebay and bibliofind.com are both good sources for hard to find and out of
        print books. Bibliofind is operated by Amazon.com and consists of many used
        book sellers' listings linked by a common search engine, you buy the books
        from the independent used book dealer and not Amazon. The search engine
        will give you a list of all sellers with the title you are looking for and
        you can compare price and condition and decide who to buy from. I have had
        very good luck finding out of print books with bibliofind!

        Susan
      • dzogchenstudent@xemaps.com
        Message 3 of 4 , Sep 12, 2003
          Go to this URL and (if I did it correctly) the book should pop up. It's
          now on sale via the web. Also, this is one of the alternative sources for
          books on Buddhism. If Amazon.com doesn't have it you can usally find it
          here or at Wisdom publications. My exp. is that exp. shipping isn't
          available like Amazon.com but that's a small thing :-)

          http://snowlionpub.com/new/search.php
        • taylorjacob2002
          Message 4 of 4 , Sep 12, 2003
            -you could also check out (half .com) for your books-- In