Re: quote

  • nancy lemke
    Message 1 of 10 , Jan 6, 2005
      ---
      wowo, how powerful this statment is...thanks for sharing it mary,
      namaste, vishaka

      In Buddhism_101@yahoogroups.com, "clayoquot2000"
      <clayoquot2000@y...> wrote:

      > good morning....." just as a snake sheds its skin, we must shed our
      > past over and over again ".....jack kornfield.....peace mary
    • clayoquot2000
      Message 2 of 10 , Feb 6, 2005
        The first step to the knowledge of the wonder and mystery of life is
        the recognition of the monstrous nature of the earthly human realm
        as well as its glory, the realization that this is just how it is
        and that it cannot be and will not be changed. Those who think they
        know-and their name is legion-how the universe could have been had
        they created it, without pain, without sorrow, without time, without
        death, are unfit for illumination.
        So if you really want to help this world, what you will have to
        teach is how to live in it. And that no one can do who has not
        themself learned how to live in the joyful sorrow and sorrowful joy
        of the knowledge of life as it is.

        Joseph Campbell.....from " The Art of Forgiveness, Lovingkindness
        and Peace " by Jack Kornfield

        peace mary
      • Jim
        Message 3 of 10 , Feb 6, 2005
          reminds of of apocalypes now -- "the horror. the horror."

          jim

          <clayoquot2000@y...> wrote:

          > The first step to the knowledge of the wonder and mystery of life
          is
          > the recognition of the monstrous nature of the earthly human realm
          > as well as its glory, the realization that this is just how it is
          > and that it cannot be and will not be changed. Those who think
          they
          > know-and their name is legion-how the universe could have been had
          > they created it, without pain, without sorrow, without time,
          without
          > death, are unfit for illumination.
          > So if you really want to help this world, what you will have to
          > teach is how to live in it. And that no one can do who has not
          > themself learned how to live in the joyful sorrow and sorrowful
          joy
          > of the knowledge of life as it is.
          >
          > Joseph Campbell.....from " The Art of Forgiveness, Lovingkindness
          > and Peace " by Jack Kornfield
          >
          > peace mary
        • clayoquot2000
          Message 4 of 10 , Feb 6, 2005
            dear jim.....perhaps you should read it again.....apparently you are
            unfamiliar with joseph campbell.....peace mary
          • toklas23

              Message 6 of 10 , Feb 20, 2005
                Wolves

                A Cherokee indian elder was teaching his grandchildren about life.

                He said to them, " A fight is going on inside of me. It is a
                terrible fight and it is between two wolves. One wolf represents
                fear, envy sorrow, regret, arrogance, self-pity, guilt, resentment,
                inferiority, lies, false pride, superiority and ego. The other
                represents joy, peace, love, hope, sharing, serenity, humility,
                kindness, benevolence, friendship, empathy, generosity, truth,
                compassion and faith. This same fight goes on inside of you and
                every other person too.

                The children thought about it and then one child asked, " Which wolf
                will win ? "

                The grandfather replied, " The one you feed. "

                T Jin San Juan
              • clayoquot2000
                Message 7 of 10 , Feb 27, 2005
                  " Who looks outside dreams; who looks inside
                  awakes. ".....c.c.jung.....peace mary
                • Ken/
                  Message 8 of 10 , Feb 27, 2005
                    Great one, Mary.
                    peace,
                    Ken/

                    --- clayoquot2000 <clayoquot2000@...> wrote:

                    > " Who looks outside dreams; who looks inside
                    > awakes. ".....c.c.jung.....peace mary

                    > --------------------~-->
                    > In low income neighborhoods, 84% do not own
                    > computers.

                    http://us.click.yahoo.com/hjtSRD/3MnJAA/i1hLAA/GkEylB/TM

                    http://info.mail.yahoo.com/mail_250
                  • clayoquot2000
                    Message 9 of 10 , Mar 4, 2005
                      good afternoon.....it isn't raining in florida anymore.....one of
                      the things that i love about buddhism is that there is so much
                      wisdom exhibited in the teachings of the buddha.....it is all right
                      there for the taking.....we just have to see clearly and not become
                      distracted.....peace mary

                      " How can I tell that you are an enlightened person ? " asked Sela
                      the brahman of the Buddha.

                      " I know what should be known, " answered the Buddha, " and what
                      should be cultivated, I have cultivated. What should be abandoned, I
                      have let go. In this way, O brahman, I am awake. ".....Sutta Nipata

                      from " Buddha Speaks " edited by Ann Bancroft