Re: Digest Number 498

  • nancy lemke
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 9, 2004
      ---
      to add to your wee note..been there and done that w/3 family member
      pets. it is very difficut but it is the best we can do for them.
      namaste, vishaka

      In Buddhism_101@yahoogroups.com, c10a8b48@i... wrote:
      > Hi Ken/:
      >
      > Welcome back! I'm so happy to hear that you're now well enough to
      > return to work. This is such good news.
      >
      > One wee note on euthanasia: I was faced with a similar problem
      with my
      > American Spaniel who was fifteen years old. He became ill last
      summer.
      > I followed a similar course of action to yours. In my heart I knew
      that
      > I'd done the right think for him. He passed away peacefully, with
      grace
      > and with dignity in my arms.
      >
      > I think that the plan you laid out in you last posting is a very
      good
      > one, especially for those of us who are just beginning our
      studies. I'm
      > look forward to everything that the group has to offer not matter
      what
      > it may be.
      >
      > Thank you.
      >
      > Cheri
      >
      > >Message: 3
      > > Date: Wed, 08 Dec 2004 19:48:49 -0500
      > > From: vorian@m...
      > >Subject: Been Gone
      > >
      > >Hello, all,
      > >I'm sorry to have been gone for a few days. My first week back at
      work after being off two months for foot surgery. It's taking some
      catching up. I, also, have two empowerments this weekend, so I will
      be away until Monday. After that, I hope to get started
      on "Emptiness". I'd like to finish that by the first of the year, so
      we can start going over the history and beginings of Buddhism, and
      start a teaching on Shinay (Tib.) meditation.