Re: [Buddhism_101] Digest Number 498

  • vorian@mail.com
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 9, 2004
      Hi Cheri,
      I'm sorry to hear about your American Spaniel. These things are difficult in the best of circumstances.
      That's one thing about living on a farm, death is a constant companion. We have since lost another dog, Bear, who was my son's until he moved on. He was 16, old for a Labrador. And, we lost a cat, Smokey, who had been with us for many years. I hope that's all for a long time. We still have three cats and and two dogs living with us.

      Peace,
      From: c10a8b48@...
      To: Buddhism_101@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: Re: [Buddhism_101] Digest Number 498
      Date: Thu, 09 Dec 2004 01:48:48 -0800

      > Hi Ken/:
      >
      > Welcome back! I'm so happy to hear that you're now well enough to
      > return to work. This is such good news.
      >
      > One wee note on euthanasia: I was faced with a similar problem with my
      > American Spaniel who was fifteen years old. He became ill last summer.
      > I followed a similar course of action to yours. In my heart I knew that
      > I'd done the right think for him. He passed away peacefully, with grace
      > and with dignity in my arms.
      >
      > I think that the plan you laid out in you last posting is a very good
      > one, especially for those of us who are just beginning our studies. I'm
      > look forward to everything that the group has to offer not matter what
      > it may be.
      >
      > Thank you.
      >
      > Cheri
      >
      > > Message: 3 Date: Wed, 08 Dec 2004 19:48:49 -0500
      > > From: vorian@...
      > > Subject: Been Gone
      > >
      > > Hello, all,
      > > I'm sorry to have been gone for a few days.
      > > My first week back at work after being off
      > > two months for foot surgery. It's taking some
      > > catching up. I, also, have two empowerments
      > > this weekend, so I will be away until Monday.
      > > After that, I hope to get started on
      > > "Emptiness". I'd like to finish that by the
      > > first of the year, so we can start going over
      > > the history and beginings of Buddhism, and
      > > start a teaching on Shinay (Tib.) meditation.
      > >
      > > Does that sound OK with everyone? Is there
      > > anything else that you would rather do?
      > >
      > > Peace,
      > > Ken/
    • nancy lemke
      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 9, 2004
        ---
        to add to your wee note..been there and done that w/3 family member
        pets. it is very difficut but it is the best we can do for them.
        namaste, vishaka