RE: Chinese Communist sympathies?

  • Cassandrah Lynn J. Chow
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 3, 2004
      MM,

      It's been awhile since I've posted on here. I've just been reading lately.

      I feel I have to add something to Ken's comment below. Just because someone
      is Chinese does not necessarily mean that person is sympathetic to the
      Chinese Communist government. While it is correct that the possiblity
      exists, there are many Chinese people not living in China who strongly
      oppose that regime. Many Chinese people left their home country due to the
      political chaos that existed in the 20th century. The people who left were
      anti-communist. Therefore, it is more likely that a Chinese person not
      living in China is anti-communist and not necessarily opposed to the Dalai
      Lama.

      I, for one, am disappointed in the Chinese government. My parents (as with
      many other Chinese) left China is the midst of that political turmoil
      because they did not want to live under a Communist regime. While it is the
      home country of my ancestors, I consider Canada my home country as I was
      born here.

      In addition, please consider that many Chinese still living in that country
      have been fighting for their rights and freedom; otherwise, the Tiannamen
      Square massacre would not have happened. The Falun Gong (a spiritual group
      in China) are currently oppressed under the Communist regime.

      BB,
      Cassandrah

      Date: Wed, 03 Nov 2004 00:57:28 -0500
      From: vorian@...
      Subject: Re: Re: Difference Between Zen and Tibetan Buddhism

      If he is Chinese, there is the possibility that he is sympathetic to the
      mainland communist government, which is heavily anti Dalai Lama. If you
      don't know what the Chinese are doing in Tibet, maybe you should do some
      searches.
      From: "Kraig Mottar" <kraig.mottar@...>
      To: Buddhism_101@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Wed, 03 Nov 2004 03:12:40 -0000

      > I don't know his nationality. Why would that matter? I don't think he
      > is Chinnese.
      >
      > Peace,
      > Kraig
      >
      > --- In Buddhism_101@yahoogroups.com, vorian@m... wrote:
      > >
      > > I don't understand his dislike of His Holiness. To each, his own, I
      > guess. Is he Chinese?
      > > Ken/

      <snip>

      Take charge with a pop-up guard built on patented Microsoft� SmartScreen
      Technology
      first two months FREE*.
    • vorian@mail.com
      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 3, 2004
        Cassandrah,
        I think you may have misinterpreted my meanings. I did not mean that if this person was Chinese that he had Chinese communist sympathies. I said it was possible. In fact, there are many people going to college in the US that are Chinese communists and I have contact with those Western Buddists who have harrassed by these students because they invited a Tibetan refugee to give a talk at their school. I think the matter was taken care of about a year ago, but it does happen. I meant no disrespect to your parents or any Chinese that have had to live under these conditions. BUT, the government of China is systematically changing Tibet into another part of China, removing all remanents of Tibetan culture, eventually. They have murdered many thousands and those that live there fear for their lives.
        ken/

        > It's been awhile since I've posted on here. I've just been reading lately.
        >
        > I feel I have to add something to Ken's comment below. Just because someone
        > is Chinese does not necessarily mean that person is sympathetic to the
        > Chinese Communist government. While it is correct that the possiblity
        > exists, there are many Chinese people not living in China who strongly
        > oppose that regime. Many Chinese people left their home country due to the
        > political chaos that existed in the 20th century. The people who left were
        > anti-communist. Therefore, it is more likely that a Chinese person not
        > living in China is anti-communist and not necessarily opposed to the Dalai
        > Lama.
        >
        > I, for one, am disappointed in the Chinese government. My parents (as with
        > many other Chinese) left China is the midst of that political turmoil
        > because they did not want to live under a Communist regime. While it is the
        > home country of my ancestors, I consider Canada my home country as I was
        > born here.
        >
        > In addition, please consider that many Chinese still living in that country
        > have been fighting for their rights and freedom; otherwise, the Tiannamen
        > Square massacre would not have happened. The Falun Gong (a spiritual group
        > in China) are currently oppressed under the Communist regime.
        >
        > BB,
        > Cassandrah

        "In 2008, Beijing will host the Olympic Games,
        Do you know that, in China, thousands of prisoners condemned to death are killed in
        those [sports] stadiums? And you - will you applaud the massacre?"
      • Heartwings Papillons
        Message 3 of 3 , Nov 3, 2004
          Please refrain from discussions of a political nature!

          Thanks,
          Susan - Listowner