Re: [Buddhism_101] Re: Difference Between Zen and Tibetan Buddhism

  • vorian@mail.com
    Message 1 of 42 , Nov 3, 2004
      Did you notice all the "Men in Black?" Secret Service was everywhere, there had been a threat on His Holiness. I was told that there were snipers up in the trees along the side of the tents. I didn't see any , but, I guess, I wasn't supposed to.
      With his brother in poor health (He suffered a serious stroke), I think he might make a return soon. I have been told that he has returned, quietly and quickley, a couple of times, just to see his brother.
      I was able to go to his talk on "Ethics for the New Millenium", which he gave during the Kalachakra empowerment in 1999. I wasn't able to attend the empowerment, though. It lasted 11 days. I did stay one evening in Bloomington, then, and caught another teaching on guru yoga by a Nyingma Lama (I forget his name, I have it written down somewhere.).

      From: "Sheri" <mountaincat28@...>
      To: Buddhism_101@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: [Buddhism_101] Re: Difference Between Zen and Tibetan Buddhism
      Date: Wed, 03 Nov 2004 16:33:38 -0000

      > It was a wonderful event. I was on the right hand side and about 1/2
      > way back. I came alone, my husband would have liked to go (and some
      > of my friends talked about how they would like to go, but nobody
      > could get away from what they were doing.) I did purchase the DVD of
      > the event and shared it with my husband.
      >
      > I used to live in Indianapolis and had visited the grounds at that
      > time and almost saw HH at that time... but didn't. (I was caught up
      > in my addictions at the time) and I regretted it. So I made sure
      > that I didn't miss him this time around.
      >
      > Sheri
    • Sheri
      Message 42 of 42 , Nov 7, 2004
        opps!!! typo. Sorry. I meant that I can't understand why anyone
        WOULDN'T like the Dalai Lama. He is gentle, he teaches about things
        of the heart, about kindness, compassion, about the ways we can grow
        these qualities within us. He is a beautiful human being.

        (Sorry for the typo).

        Sheri

        --- In Buddhism_101@yahoogroups.com, "Kraig Mottar"
        <kraig.mottar@v...> wrote:

        > You said: "I can't understand why anyone would like the Dalai Lama
        for
        > any reason." Could you explain why you think this? What do you think
        > is so bad about him?
        >
        > Kraig
        >
        > --- In Buddhism_101@yahoogroups.com, "Sheri" <mountaincat28@w...>
        wrote:

        > > Heeeeeyyyy! I was there too... at the dedication of the
        Interfaith
        > > Temple. I was in the same tent as His Holiness Dalai Lama.
        > >
        > > I can't understand why anyone would like the Dalai Lama for any
        > > reason. But that is just my opinion. I traveled all the way from
        > > North Dakota to see him, all by myself. He is one of my heros. :)
        > >
        > > Sheri
        > >

        > > --- In Buddhism_101@yahoogroups.com, vorian@m... wrote:
        > > > Nancy,
        > > > I was befuddled, to say the least, by your ststement about your
        > > son's dislike of the Dalai Lama because his brother (I assume
        he's
        > > speaking of Thubten J. Norbu) lives in the US. I did not get the
        > > connection.
        > > > I have met Rinpoche, very briefly, on one occasion a few years
        ago,
        > > and was enthralled by this wonderful man. He was brought to the
        US to