Computer Crash and Burn

  • Debbie Chapman
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 31, 2004
      This letter is in support of the monks of Shree Gaden Dhargayling in Pokhara, Nepal.
      I have just received word that the monks' computer has suffered a complete failure.

      The monks are in need of a new computer if they are to stay in touch with the rest of the world. I am sure that the monks are much less attached to their computer than I am to mine; nevertheless it would be most helpful for them to be able to communicate globally with their fellow Tibetans.

      A member of Shree Gaden's support group is in a position to get the monks a new computer at low cost of about $800 U.S., which I feel is a reasonable sum.  As the monks' primary western contact (newsletter services and general information) I am asking for donations to help purchase the new computer.

      Please e-mail me with your pledge and/or questions to:

      eileen_slightlyoffkilter@...

      ...at which time I will e-mail you my address. If you wish to send a donation to the monks directly, please note on the check what you would like your donation to be used for. The safest way to send a check is by having it sent "certified, return receipt requested". This will cost about $10 U.S.  The mailing address for the monks is:
      Shree Gaden Dargay-ling Monastery
      Tashiling Tibetan Camp P.O. Box 221
      Chhorepatan, Pokhara Nepal

      Tel: ++977-61-20995
      Fax: ++977-61-30095

      Thank you for your interest in the Shree Gaden Dhargayling Monastery.
      Tashi Delek,
      Deb Chapman
    • vorian@mail.com
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 31, 2004
        Thank you, Debbie,
        This a very good program for anyone who can help, even a little. They are a monastery of the Gelug lineage and computers are difficult to come by in east India and Nepal.
        I am only sorry that I will not be able to help, as my own center is in difficult times, right now. Anything I have available, I use to keep it's head above water.

        From: "Debbie Chapman" <eileen_slightlyoffkilter@...>
        To: <eileen_slightlyoffkilter@...>
        Subject: [Buddhism_101] Computer Crash and Burn
        Date: Sun, 31 Oct 2004 14:50:10 -0800

        > This letter is in support of the monks of Shree Gaden Dhargayling in Pokhara, Nepal.
        > I have just received word that the monks' computer has suffered a complete failure.
        >
        > The monks are in need of a new computer if they are to stay in touch with the rest of the world. I am sure that the monks are much less attached to their computer than I am to mine; nevertheless it would be most helpful for them to be able to communicate globally with their fellow Tibetans.
        >
        > A member of Shree Gaden's support group is in a position to get the monks a new computer at low cost of about $800 U.S., which I feel is a reasonable sum. As the monks' primary western contact (newsletter services and general information) I am asking for donations to help purchase the new computer.
        >
        > Please e-mail me with your pledge and/or questions to:
        >
        > eileen_slightlyoffkilter@...<mailto:eileen_slightlyoffkilter@...>
        >
        > ..at which time I will e-mail you my address. If you wish to send a donation to the monks directly, please note on the check what you would like your donation to be used for. The safest way to send a check is by having it sent "certified, return receipt requested". This will cost about $10 U.S. The mailing address for the monks is:
        >
        > Shree Gaden Dargay-ling Monastery
        > Tashiling Tibetan Camp P.O. Box 221
        > Chhorepatan, Pokhara Nepal
        > Tel: ++977-61-20995
        > Fax: ++977-61-30095

        > Thank you for your interest in the Shree Gaden Dhargayling Monastery.
        >
        > Tashi Delek,
        > Deb Chapman

        "In 2008, Beijing will host the Olympic Games,
        Do you know that, in China, thousands of prisoners condemned to death are killed in
        those [sports] stadiums? And you - will you applaud the massacre?"