Re: [Buddhism_101] Re: what's up

  • jeem machine
    Message 1 of 11 , Sep 2, 2004
      I didn't mean to offend when I said this post (seems) strange. I did not say the post was strange only I thought it strange that one would refer to the Dali Lama's writings as annoying. I get annoyed by ignorance and by people who try to piss me off on purpose. Maybe if you said 'over my head', 'hard to understand' or even 'a little boring' I would not have replied how I did. Actually I was a little offended by you using that term. I was hoping you would reply and explain what you meant and you did so thanks. I understand what you mean now :)
      Jim

      Message 2 of 11 , Sep 2, 2004
        In fact, you did not mention "thoughts and emotions". You said that the teachings were advanced, gratuitous, and "teaching that kind of stuff to a beginner is like teaching calculus to algabra student".
        My point was, if you are not interested in studying the Dharma, then maybe you are not ready for the Dharma. Then again, if you would be more specific as to what you are having trouble with, there is someone here that would be glad to help. None of us begin knowing everything. We learn and evolve. To do that you have to be open to it all. That which you don't understand, now, will come easier, later.

        May you release the Buddha within you in this lifetime,

        From: "chrisblue302" <chrisblue302@...>
        Date: Thu, 02 Sep 2004 18:53:42 -0000
        To: Buddhism_101@yahoogroups.com

        > I don't think dealing with the thoughts and emotions is similar the
        > first grade. Personally, I believe in a strong base.
        >
        > --- In Buddhism_101@yahoogroups.com, vorian@m... wrote:
        > > You can't stay in first grade forever, Chris. Buddhism is about
        > evolving, spiritually. This requires study and new ideas. The only
        > way you are going to come in contact with these ideas (without a
        > teacher) is to search for them. At some point you will require a
        > teacher (guru/lama), hunt them down and then hang on for everything
        > they can teach you.
        > > Ken/

        "In 2008, Beijing will host the Olympic Games,
        Do you know that, in China, thousands of prisoners condemned to death are killed in
        those [sports] stadiums? And you - will you applaud the massacre?"