interesting discovery about my tattoo, of all things.

  • blue_kamelion
    Message 1 of 5 , Jun 8, 2003
      My best friend and I got matching tattoos last summer to celebrate
      our friendship. We selected a simple triskele, no decoration, no
      fancy curls or knotwork. We decided to add to them as we wanted to
      make them individual, but keeping the basic design. Right?

      I haven't added to mine yet, and since I've always wanted a yin/yang
      tattoo (reflecting some of my beliefs) I have been trying for the
      past year to rationalize this tattoo in my mind. I wanted a more
      personal, spiritual significance. I have since found that triskeles
      are everywhere, which didn't help me much. LOL!

      But, just the other night, I found a site on the Wheel of Truth, and
      jumped when I saw the three-tear symbol in the center which matches
      my tattoo perfectly. I had even thought last month of getting it
      colored in, so seeing this symbol in buddhism was both reassuring
      and, well, odd. I'm still in shock, but now when asked about it
      I can proudly say, "It's the Center of the Wheel of Truth" And since
      taoist philosophy thrives on holding onto the Center, I think it's
      quite fitting. :)

      bk
    • Karen
      Message 2 of 5 , Jun 8, 2003
        Very cool.

        Namaste'
        Karen

        "Existence needs you. Without you something will be missing in existence and nobody can replace it."  Osho

        Do you Yahoo!?
      • Denroche
        Message 3 of 5 , Jun 8, 2003
          Dear Blue Kamelion,

          What a neat idea! I could give up all this tedious meditation practice! All
          I need is a tattoo and I too could 'hold onto the Centre'.

          No, seriously, why do you need reassuring? I thought you were celebrating a
          friendship?

          Greetings

          deni
        • blue_kamelion
          Message 4 of 5 , Jun 8, 2003
            --- In Buddhism_101@yahoogroups.com, "Denroche" <denroche@f...> wrote:
            > Dear Blue Kamelion,
            >
            > What a neat idea! I could give up all this tedious meditation
            practice! All
            > I need is a tattoo and I too could 'hold onto the Centre'.
            >
            > No, seriously, why do you need reassuring? I thought you were
            celebrating a
            > friendship?

            LOL!! Yep, I have a buddhist tattoo, and therefore I am
            Enlightened! Be nice if it were that easy, huh?

            It is a celebration of friendship, but I also wanted a personal
            meaning that was just my own. That's all, no big mystery there. <G>
            Mainly just found it interesting that after a year of searching for
            the meaning of the symbol, this is what popped up. If I wanted
            something that referred to her exclusively, I would have had her name
            branded on myself. *wink*

            bk
          • Karen