Dalai Lama books

  • Diane Glasby
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 4, 2003
      A lot of his books are taken from speeches he has given to various groups, so how accessable his writing is may depend on who he was talking to at the time. If you're at the bookstore, try flipping though a number of them. Personally, I like the books where he answers people's questions, as he is particularly down-to-earth at those times.The first one I read was "The Meaning of Life."  But I know what you mean - I have a couple books of his I picked up that I will probably have to save for a later time when I understand more about Buddhism. I think he has a surprisingly good understanding of the Western perspective, though,  and the kinds of things that are likely to be confusing or difficult for westerners, and that's why I like to read him.