A Weekend Course in Commemoration of Traleg Kyabgon Rinpoche IX

  • evam.institute
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 2, 2013
      A Weekend Course in Commemoration of Traleg Kyabgon Rinpoche IX

      with Sam Bercholz

      Course Title: 'The Practice of Mahamudra Meditation'

      Dates: Saturday July 20th and Sunday July 21st
      Times: Saturday- 2-4pm.
      Sunday- 10am - midday, 2-4pm
      Venue: E-Vam Institute Manhattan
      1455 Lexington Ave, #2B, New York, NY 10128
      (between 94th and 95th streets)
      Cost: $45 or Donation

      Within Buddhism there are many approaches and techniques to
      meditation designed to develop understanding and to directly realize
      the nature of one's mind. One such meditation approach is that of
      Mahamudra, which is regarded as one of the highest teachings of
      Tibetan Buddhism.

      This weekend course will provide an overview of the approach of
      Mahamudra from the perspective of its philosophy and the meditation
      techniques it has on offer.  It will be based on Traleg Kyabgon
      Rinpoche's teachings and approach.

      An integral part of the course will be contemplation and meditation
      sessions from the Mahamudra tradition.  A practice book based on the
      exercises in Mind at Ease:  Self-Liberation Through Mahamudra
      Meditation will be available to each participant.

      About the Teacher

      Sam Bercholz has been teaching Buddhist meditation and philosophy for
      over forty years in North America, Europe, and Australasia.  He holds
      the lineages of Kagyu, Nyingma and Shambhala Training.  He was
      trained and empowered to teach by  Chogyam Trungpa Rinpoche and
      Thinley Norbu Rinpoche, and further encouraged by Traleg Kyabgon
      Rinpoche.  He is the founder of Shambhala Publications.

      Commemoration Week Schedule
      Throughout the week of July 22nd to July 26th, we will be holding
      Commemoration Activities both in Chatham and Manhattan. We will be
      holding pujas every night in Chatham, and we will also be listening
      to and watching Teachings by Traleg Rinpoche on Mahamudra every night
      of the week.

      See our full Commemoration Week flyer here, including activities in
      both Chatham and Manhattan, and advice from Traleg Khandro for those
      that cannot attend:
      http://cts.vresp.com/c/?EVamInstitute/e87cb27a86/TEST/1f8919ffb6

      E-Vam July Calendar
      For our FULL JULY CALENDAR please click on the following link:
      http://cts.vresp.com/c/?EVamInstitute/e87cb27a86/TEST/20f802c9ab

      If you have any questions at all, and for bookings and enquiries,
      plesae contact the E-Vam Office on:

      Ph: (518) 392 6900
      Email: office@...
      Web: www.evam.org