That Blessed One is such since He is (1) Araham - Accomplished, (2) Sammasambuddho - Perfectly Enlightened, (3) Vijjacaranasanpanno - Endowed with knowledge and Conduct or Practice, (4) Sugato - Well-gone or Well-spoken, (5) Lokavidu - the Knower of worlds, (6) Anuttaro-purisadammasarathi - the Guide Unsurpassed of men to be tamed, (7) Sattha Devamanussanam - the Teacher of gods and men, (8) Buddho - Enlightened, and (9) Bhagava - Blessed.|
1. Buddha is endowed with the nine supreme attributes; and those who happen to see and hear the Buddha's Teachings can gain knowledge and peace of mind; therefore the Buddha is highly honored and adorable for those who contact with him.
2. The jewels like diamond, gold and silver, etc, are great in value. The owner of these jewels enjoys peace and happiness only in the present life whereas those who happen to see and contact with the
Buddha, enjoy peace and happiness not only in the present life but also in future lives. So, the Buddha is the most valuable treasure.
3. As the ten jewels such as ruby, diamond, etc., are incomparable in value with other human utilities, so also the Buddha is incomparable with any other person in morality, concentration, and wisdom. Therefore, the Buddha is an incomparable treasure in the whole universe.
4. It is extremely difficult to come across the wheel treasure of the Universal Monarch and yet it is more extremely difficult to come across the fully-enlightened person known as the Buddha. So, the Buddha is the most difficult to see.
5. As the precious jewels like diamond and ruby are owned and utilized not by poor people but by rich people, so also the Buddha-treasure can be revered and venerated not by ordinary persons but by glorious ones who have
accumulated a great deal of meritorious deeds. Therefore, the Buddha is the most honorable, most precious, most incomparable, most rare and most worthy (for the glorious ones) treasure in the universe.
To be continued...
Read more Dhamma messages http://www.vihara.org.au/dhamma/dhamma.aspx
Visit Sakyamuni Sambuddha Vihara