Tibetan Yoga with Traleg Khandro

  • evam.institute
    Message 1 of 1 , May 22, 2013

      E-Vam Institute NY presents:

      Tibetan Yoga and the Art of Healing

      with Traleg Khandro

      Schedule:

      June 2 - Manhattan (one-day course)

      'Using Negativity on the Path to Liberation'

      June 8-9 - Chatham (weekend retreat)

      LuJong Retreat with Traleg Khandro

      June 30th - Manhattan (one-day course)

      'Thoughts,Feelings and Sensations'

      For bookings and enquiries please contact the E-Vam Institute Office:

      Ph:(518)392 6900

      Email: office@...

      Using Negativity on the Path to Liberation

      In this one-day course Khandro will explore how we can rest with our
      negativities and discomforts in meditation. Though working with the
      body, breath and mind, we can enhance our abilities to incorporate
      all forms of discomfort on the spiritual path. By incorporating
      discomfort we can develop wisdom insight and self-acceptance. The
      course will include discussion on aspects of Buddhist philosophy,
      physical exercises and visualization techniques.

      Location: E-Vam Institute Manhattan
      1455 Lexington Ave, #2B (between 94th & 95th streets)
      New York, NY, 10128

      Date: June 2nd

      Session Times - 10am - midday & 2-4pm.

      LuJong Retreat with Traleg Khandro

      During this retreat with Traleg Khandro we will look at how our
      physical experience can impact the mind. We will work with the body
      and breath to help to relax and focus the mind. We will also look at
      the role of physical sensation and its contribution to our conceptual
      world and mental state. This retreat will also include traditional
      pujas (mindful chanting and visualization practices) in the mornings
      and evenings.

      Location: E-Vam Institute Chatham NY
      171 Water Street
      Chatham, NY, 12037
      (Accommodation available on site, please register early to ensure a
      space)

      Dates: June 8 & 9

      Daily Session Times:
      7am - Green Tara Puja
      10am-midday: LuJong with Traleg Khandro
      2-4pm: LuJong with Traleg Khandro
      8pm - Chenrezig Puja

      Thoughts, Feelings and Sensations

      In Buddhism, conflicting emotions are seen as one of the major
      obstacles to stabilizing the mind. In this one-day course we will
      look at the process of separating out different elements of our
      experience to see how these elements, when combined, can cause
      disturbance in the mind. Through the use of physical and
      contemplative techniques we will look at overcoming emotional
      conflict.

      Date: June 30th

      Session Times: 10am - midday & 2-4pm

      E-Vam Institute NY