Re: [Buddhism_101] Can anyone help me understand what my favourite Amdo stars' songs talk about?

    Message 1 of 4 , May 21, 2013
      Hi, Alice,

      Thanks for your compliments. But you exaggerate. Thanks for that. :)

      Riches-- in the sense of money-- isn't the only attractive part of a
      country. I spent a little time in Italy and found it beautiful and
      wonderful beyond words. You shouldn't underestimate it or the Italian
      language. If French is the language of diplomacy, then surely Italian
      is the language of music. Its contributions to art and film, fashion
      and architecture are enormous as well. And if Italy hadn't been such a
      pleasant place to live four hundred years ago, then perhaps more
      Italians would have left there, come to America (named after an
      Italian), and America now would be speaking Italian. Yours is truly a
      fantastic country.

      If the emails you write are representative, you're English is excellent.
      I even thought you must be a native English speaker living in Italy.
      So I wouldn't worry about your English skills at all.

      Before I wrote my reply to you, just a couple of days ago, I checked
      Livemocha and found that, yes, there are Tibetan speakers there.
      Perhaps they've recently updated the number of languages they include,
      because I found the Tibetan language listed there too. Maybe we'll bump
      into each other on Livemocha.

      You might want to create a lesson there by uploading your Tibetan songs.
      Maybe someone will translate them for you and then the songs and their
      translations will be there to help others trying to learn Tibetan.

      Best regards,
      ken