seeking

  • Amin
    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 4, 2012
      i am looking for buddhists in el paso, texas. can anyone on this list help me? all i can find in town is s.g.i.

      with hands palm to palm,

      steven

      http://haijinamin.com
      Message 2 of 5 , Aug 5, 2012
        Steven,

        Here are several Buddhist centers that I was able to locate in El Paso:

        Chenrezig Himalayan Cultural Center
        Address: 500 W. University University Library  El Paso TX 79968
        Tradition: Vajrayana, Tibetan
        Affiliation: University of Texas at El Paso Asian Studies
        Phone: 915-747-6702
        E-mail: rarney@... http://ctbcc.com/
        Web sites: http://www.himalaya.utep.edu/ and http://ctbcc.webs.com/

        Border Zen Center
        Address: Unitarian Universalist Community 4425 Byron Street, El Paso TX 79930   TX
        Tradition: Mahayana, Zen, Sanbo Kyodan
        Affiliation: Maria Kannon Zen Center, Dallas
        Phone: (915) 562-4001
        E-mail: wcturner@...

        I hope these are still active or at least they point you in the right direction.

        Nitya jaya mangalam,

        John

        Conviction is a person's highest wealth.
        Dhamma, when well-practiced, brings bliss.
        Truth is the highest of savors.
        Living with discernment, one's life is called best.

        (Sutta Nipata I,10)

        i am looking for buddhists in el paso, texas. can anyone on this list help me? all i can find in town is s.g.i.

        with hands palm to palm,

        steven

        http://haijinamin.com

        <*> Your email settings:
            Individual Email | Traditional

        <*> To change settings online go to:
            (Yahoo! ID required)

        <*> To change settings via email:
            Buddhism_101-digest@yahoogroups.com
            Buddhism_101-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

            http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

      • Amin Muhammad
        Message 3 of 5 , Aug 5, 2012
          THANJK YOU!

          ------------------------------
          On Sun, Aug 5, 2012 7:29 AM PDT John Pellecchia wrote:

          >Steven,
          >
          >Here are several Buddhist centers that I was able to locate in El Paso:
          >
          >Chenrezig Himalayan Cultural CenterAddress: 500 W. University
          >University Library  El Paso TX 79968
          >Tradition: Vajrayana, Tibetan
          >Affiliation: University of Texas at El Paso Asian Studies
          >Phone: 915-747-6702
          >E-mail: rarney@... http://ctbcc.com/
          >Web sites: http://www.himalaya.utep.edu/ and http://ctbcc.webs.com/
          >

          >Border Zen CenterAddress: Unitarian Universalist Community 4425 Byron Street, El Paso TX 79930   TX
          >Tradition: Mahayana, Zen, Sanbo Kyodan
          >Affiliation: Maria Kannon Zen Center, Dallas
          >Phone: (915) 562-4001
          >E-mail: wcturner@...
          >
          >I hope these are still active or at least they point you in the right direction.
          >
          >Nitya jaya mangalam,
          >
          >John
          >
          >Conviction is a person's highest wealth.
          >
          >Dhamma, when well-practiced, brings bliss.
          >
          >Truth is the highest of savors.
          >
          >Living with discernment, one's life is called best.
          >
          >(Sutta Nipata I,10)

          >with hands palm to palm,
          >
          >steven
          >
          >http://haijinamin.com

          >    http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
        • Lauren Merryfield
          Message 4 of 5 , Aug 6, 2012
            Hi,
            What is S.G.I.?
            Thanks
            Lauren

            advice from my cats: "meow when you feel like it."
            The most basic of all human needs is the need to understand and be
            understood. The best way to understand people is to listen to them.
            -- Ralph Nichols
            Visit us at catliness.com
            Message 5 of 5 , Aug 7, 2012
              Good morning, Lauren.

              SGI stands for Soka Gakkai International. Some consider it a cult while others do not. I leave that for others to debate. The controversy is easily researched on the Internet.

              Sarva mangalam,

              John

              Of all the fragrances --
              sandal, tagara, blue lotus and jasmine --
              the fragrance of virtue is the sweetest.

              (Dhammapada 4.55)

              Visit us at catliness.com