Tibetan Book of Dead

  • Tony
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 2, 2003

      Hi

      I have been very interested in the above book for a while.

      It seems to me that the main message is that if we build up enough thoughtfulness from our meditation practice in our lifetime- we have a chance of having a clearer vision of reality when we die and therefore are enabled to turn away from the projections of our mind after death and become fully "awakened" or "liberated". To do this we need to become ever more detached from the passions, graspings etc of this life. The theory is very logical following the Buddhist teaching on Nature or Buddha mind.

      I am putting this very simply of course- but I am looking for opinions, ideas and parallels.

      A big question is - how can we source this viewpoint?
      An insight/intuition from Padmasambhava?
      Any Rosicrucian parallels?

      We have plenty of information on Near Death experiences - but this teaching passes over that threshold of reporting back. I would love some thoughts on this. As far as I know this is the only teaching of its type, it does not seem to come into the arena of popular discussion - for one reason or another....would love thoughts or basic references on this...

      Many Thanks
          Tony