Transcendental Meditation: research [was: Re: Hello! New to group]

  • passn_thru2
    Message 1 of 32 , Aug 14, 2011
      TM is a Fundamental Practice of a Hindu Religion taught by a Hindu

      http://hinduismfacts.org/2011/05/maharshi-mahesh-yogi/

      http://www.behind-the-tm-facade.org/transcendental_meditation-religion.htm

      http://angelstarcreations.com/writings/open_letter.htm

      these links>> are typical, there may be better, i don't have the inclination or the time to waste on someone who not analytical enough to actually debate the subject.

      http://www.buddhanet.net/tr20.htm

      http://www.buddhanet.net/budsas/ebud/ebdha104.htm

      and really, Zen isn't a Linage form of Buddhism either, nor SGI, NKT, NSA.

      linage means what is taught has come one to the next teacher from the Buddha to you. Buddhism as evolved with with various schools, but they evolved From the Dharma with Dharma inclusive.. such as Theravada to Mahayana.. same Buddhism. the major difference being practice for your enlightenment to nirvana to practice to enlightenment to help others to enlightenment thru the same Dharma:teaching of the Buddha.

      where as Zen believes a teacher can use tricks to flip mental perception to bring on enlightenment.. and others use a practice akin to white Magic, NKT uses devotion to a supra-natural Demon..

      thank you but I'll stick to the Four Noble Truths.
    • sparaig
      Message 32 of 32 , Aug 20, 2011
        --- In Buddhism_101@yahoogroups.com, "sparaig" <sparaig@...> wrote:

        > TM is merely a technique.

        I should add that TM theory says that not only can the person who practices TM simply for stress-management purposes become enlightened, but that since they aren't caught up in trying to make enlightenment happen, they may become enlightened faster than the person who practices TM with the intent to become enlightened because they have less expectations, and therefore are less likely to try to obtain a goal during their practice.