Re: [Buddhism_101] Re: New To Group

  • Dougbert
    Message 1 of 28 , Jul 9 6:46 PM
      Hi Jody,

      Masons are the guys who built King Soloman's temple (3 times). Masons were the ones that built all the fine architecture in Europe. We study the universe. We are not a church and don't see the need. 19 U.S. Presidents were Masons. A very silent, but powerful organization. George Washington was a Mason. Google Freemasonry. UCLA offers a post grad history class about Masonry in America and the world. I suggest Dan Brown's The Lost Symbol. Great read and very well researched. Bill W. stole the AA logo from Freemasonry. Dr. Bob Smith was a Mason.

      Metta,

      Deep Bows,

      Doug

      Message 2 of 28 , Jul 9 7:00 PM
        Ken,

        Vietnamese Buddhism is regional and historical depending on which colonial power was attempting to control Vietnam. In the Delta region, Theravada is prevalent. Mahayana is in the north, when the Communists allow it. You can also find Zen from Japanese occupation. Thich Nhat Hanh follows Zen tradition. As you move to Laos, Cambodia, and Thailand, Sri Lanka, and Burma, Theravada is the preferred tradition.

        Metta,

        Deep Bows,

        Doug

        Message 3 of 28 , Jul 10 9:54 AM
          Hello Doug,

          Yes, I did know many Presidents have been Masons. I have also heard that
          Washington DC is arranged in a Mason pattern.

          JODY