RE: Rigpa Glimpse of the Day

  • Analine Tsepal
    Message 1 of 921 , May 24, 2011

      Reflect on this: The realization of impermanence is paradoxically the only thing we can hold on to, perhaps our only lasting possession. It is like the sky, or the earth. No matter how much everything around us may change or collapse, they endure.

      Say we go through a shattering emotional crisis . . . our whole life seems to be disintegrating . . . our husband or wife suddenly leaves us without warning. The earth is still there; the sky is still there. Of course, even the earth trembles now and again, just to remind us that we cannot take anything for granted. . . .

      Sogyal Rinpoche

    • Analine Tsepal
      Message 921 of 921 , Aug 6, 2011

        SHANTIDEVA