RE: [Buddhism_101] full body scanners at airports

  • Dougbert
    Message 1 of 6 , Nov 15, 2010
      Since I have had my life time alotment of radiation (4000 Rads) for my non-hodgkins lymphoma, I wonder if a note from my doctor would get me a pass. Or maybe if they cause my cancer to go terminal, do I get to litigate? I could use a 737 for weekends (but all my guests would have to fly nude!).

      Doug

      Message 2 of 6 , Nov 16, 2010
        While I don't think we will see a buddhist perspective arise as we tend to receive most buddhist persepctvies from countries in the far east.  They've got more on their plate's at the moment.

        Having said that, I do think we will see cultural objections.  For instance; In Singapore it is considered very distasteful to have prolonged eye contact with women.  I need not mention how some other cultures feel about outraging the feminity of women.  I am interested to see how our multicultural traveler's will react with some of these belief's and religious policies so deeply ingrained.

        I am not madly insane.  I enjoy every minute of it :)

        Message 3 of 6 , Nov 16, 2010
          Hello doug,

          I would think they would make you have the pat down. I just watched the
          video on YouTube of John Tyner's experience that got him on the news. One
          comment a TSA agent said chilled me to my liberty and freedom bones. When
          John Tyner said he had rights the TSA agent said and I quote "You gave up
          your rights when you bought your ticket" WHAT? Are we loosing our freedoms
          one at a time from beauracrats?

          By the way the description of the search was as follows: "The TSA agent will
          run his hands slowly up your leg until he touches your torso on both sides
          in the front anda again on the back" John's reaction was to say "no one
          touches me there except my wife and my doctor, touch my junk and I will have
          you arrested" He refused the pat down, got a refud on his ticket, got his
          luggage and was going to leave the airport when he was asked for more
          information because the TSA had a case against him for not finishing the
          search.

          I am writing my Congressmen about this today, it is an outrage!

          Jody

          "The price of freedom is eternal vigilance" Thomas Jefferson