Re: [Buddhism_101] Tashi Delek

  • ETRABAUDO@aol.com
    Message 1 of 4 , May 28, 2003
      Rob,
      The course consists of 14 modules, and it is generally considered a  2 year long course.
      The first module is ' The Mind and it's Potential" . It includes various meditations and helps me to do a daily practice. Through the clear explanations I am able to better understand the actual meditation practices.
      I choose to go this route because currently I live about 100 miles from a center where I can get direct teachings.
      The course provides a variety of readings, and also has recommendations as well. Some of the recommended readings I have read and they aare excellent. For example; "Open Heart, Clear Mind" by Thubten Chodron. A very good place to start.
      I have been studying Buddhism for about 7 years now but I have had a hard time, without a teacher, understanding the actual practice, this course appears to be helping me with that aspect.

      The Website to read more about the course is  www.fmpt.org . It is a wonderful site and has many links as well.
      Glad to hear from you.
      Love and Peace,
      Elena