FW: [Buddhism_101] A few prayers

  • Jody W. Ianuzzi
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 1, 2010
      I really love this. I have been searching for it and it and here it is!

      Thank you,

      JODY

      Falling asleep at last
      I vow with all beings
      To enjoy the dark and the silence
      And rest in the vast unknown.

      -------------------

      May I become at all times, both now and forever
      A protector for those without protection
      A guide for those who have lost their way
      A ship for those with oceans to cross
      A bridge for those with rivers to cross
      A sanctuary for those in danger
      A lamp for those without light
      A place of refuge for those who lack shelter
      And a servant to all in need.

      Tenzin Gyatso, the 14th Dalai Lama

      -----------------------

      With every breath I take today,
      I vow to be awake;

      And every step I take,
      I vow to take with a grateful heart--

      So I may see with eyes of love
      into the hearts of all I meet,

      To ease their burden when I can
      And touch them with a smile of peace.

      I beseech the wisdom of all enlightened beings, past and future. May
      the Four Immeasurable Minds (love, compassion, joy, and equanimity) grow in
      the hearts and minds of all beings. May peace and wisdom visit the home of
      our hearts, and may we know the true, clear light of liberation. OM MANI
      PADME HUM
    • Dianna
      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 1, 2010
        You are very welcome.