Amateur Radio

  • Jody W. Ianuzzi
    Message 1 of 16 , May 3, 2010
      Hi Michael,

      Hey we can set up a Sangha net!

      JODY
    • Sal Becker
      Message 2 of 16 , May 3, 2010
        "The second problem we have is transportation. We can't just get in the car
        and go we have to make other arrangements.
        "

        And I say you would do no better or worse than 90% of the drivers out there!!!! ;)
      • Lauren Merryfield
        Message 3 of 16 , May 3, 2010
          Hi,
          I think some of my feeling sad last night was because our choir director is leaving since the Fellowship cannot afford to pay him anymore and that means choir, as we know it, will be done in June.

          I get rides to choir practice but usually not on nonchoir Sundays.  I am worried that once choir is over, I will no longer have rides to the Fellowship.

          Also, our public transportation is no longer running on Sundays and holidays starting in June, so that will be problematic, too.

          So I think I was feeling stuck.  Like solitude is being forced on me rather than my choosing it.

          But most of the time, I don't mind being here alone, especially since I have my three blessed kitties!
          Thanks
          Lauren
          Acorns have an oak tree to become. Kittens have a cat to become. You? You have a radiant human being fully expressing your gifts to become. :) -- Brian Johnson
          CATLINES has moved to a blog at:
          bizcats.blogs.com/catlines/
          Visit us at our catly site:
          www.catliness.com
        • Michael
          Message 4 of 16 , May 3, 2010

            I had thought about that years ago and actually searched to see if there was one, but to no avail.

            73

            --------------------------------

            Michael

            --------------------------------

            Learn ASP.NET

            Message 5 of 16 , May 3, 2010
              Lauren,

              Just a thought, but before you can't get to your fellowship meetings maybe you could arrange to have a weekly meeting of a few at your house once a week.....

              Namaste

              Message 6 of 16 , May 4, 2010
                Hi Sal,

                I am looking forward to a self driving car with GPS and collision avoidance.
                There is a driverless car race in Nevada this summer. <GRIN>

                JODY
              • Jody W. Ianuzzi
                Message 7 of 16 , May 4, 2010
                  Hi Lauren,

                  You wrote: " I think I was feeling stuck. Like solitude is being forced on
                  me rather than my choosing it."

                  I don't think people understand this. I know when I lived right in the
                  center of town and I could walk every where I would stay home most of the
                  time but I had that choice. When you don't have a choice, you do feel
                  trapped.

                  I love horses and I have often thought it would be funny to get a horse and
                  say it is my alternative transportation to accommodate my disability. We
                  wouldn't have had a problem before the car was invented.

                  JODY
                • Ayms
                  Message 8 of 16 , May 7, 2010
                    I want to live. But I find myself vacillated between choices I should make, between paths I should take. I have always valued the essence of human relationships. But sometimes, happiness does not primarily come from human relationships, it comes from new experience. I don't know if I should remain being stupid loving a person who does not see my worth. Someone who see pleasure when I am hurt, who plays with my emotions just to make me realize his point. The thing is, I have sacrificed everything yet I still can't see my worth. I don't know if I should tolerate that person or if I should learn to let go and let him face the world alone. I feel deprived of happiness. I feel like a slave in this relationship I am going through. He would leave me whenever he feels like, then comes back when I beg him to come back. How come people choose pride over love? I thought love goes beyond boundaries. I guess I'm wrong. But then, who knows what's right from wrong. It's a relative word we have our own definition. I want to learn to let go and leave this sadness I am going through. Sometimes I want to be numb. But life has more to offer. I want to do things I want and learn to love myself first before I can be a good lover in a relationship. I tend to forget myself and submit myself fully to a person for the reason that I love him so much. Is love enough? Or do I have to follow my mind rather than my heart? What am I going to do now? I have always believed that one should feel every emotion they are experiencing. Then once they're over it, they would feel other emotions in this world. One should not turn their backs on it and escape from feeling sadness, pain, fear, or anything that makes them feel extremely hurt. I want to find myself again. If we were meant for each other, one day we will find ourselves together again. Life is unfair, indeed. But that's just the way it is. What should I do now? Help.
                    Message 9 of 16 , May 9, 2010
                      It's never easy to give advice in situations like this. But reading
                      what you've written, it sounds to me like you've already answered your
                      own question and just looking for someone to tell you it's okay, take
                      the step.

                      On 05/08/2010 12:44 AM Ayms wrote:

                      > I want to live. But I find myself vacillated between choices I should
                      > make, between paths I should take. I have always valued the essence of
                      > human relationships. But sometimes, happiness does not primarily come
                      > from human relationships, it comes from new experience. I don't know if
                      > I should remain being stupid loving a person who does not see my worth.
                      > Someone who see pleasure when I am hurt, who plays with my emotions just
                      > to make me realize his point. The thing is, I have sacrificed everything
                      > yet I still can't see my worth. I don't know if I should tolerate that
                      > person or if I should learn to let go and let him face the world alone.
                      > I feel deprived of happiness. I feel like a slave in this relationship I
                      > am going through. He would leave me whenever he feels like, then comes
                      > back when I beg him to come back. How come people choose pride over
                      > love? I thought love goes beyond boundaries. I guess I'm wrong. But
                      > then, who knows what's right from wrong. It's a relative word we have
                      > our own definition. I want to learn to let go and leave this sadness I
                      > am going through. Sometimes I want to be numb. But life has more to
                      > offer. I want to do things I want and learn to love myself first before
                      > I can be a good lover in a relationship. I tend to forget myself and
                      > submit myself fully to a person for the reason that I love him so much.
                      > Is love enough? Or do I have to follow my mind rather than my heart?
                      > What am I going to do now? I have always believed that one should feel
                      > every emotion they are experiencing. Then once they're over it, they
                      > would feel other emotions in this world. One should not turn their backs
                      > on it and escape from feeling sadness, pain, fear, or anything that
                      > makes them feel extremely hurt. I want to find myself again. If we were
                      > meant for each other, one day we will find ourselves together again.
                      > Life is unfair, indeed. But that's just the way it is. What should I do
                      > now? Help.

                    • Sal Becker
                      Message 10 of 16 , May 10, 2010
                        Ayms,

                        Love is always enough, but you cannot cast your seeds on infertile ground.

                        I agree with Ken in that giving advice where the answer already lies in the heart is not only unwise but also not needed. I think the following might help with you thoughts..

                        ' In The Gospel of Luke 12:49-53 Jesus says he comes not with peace but a sword. He also says he will put fathers against sons, husband against wife, etc.'

                        Simplist thought here is that like seeks like.

                        Namaste

                        Sal