RE: Rigpa Glimpse of the Day

  • Namdrol Tsepal
    Message 1 of 921 , Feb 16, 2010
      The cells of our body are dying, the neurons in our brain are decaying, even the expressions on our face are always changing, depending on our mood. What we call our basic character is only a “mindstream,” nothing more. Today we feel good because things are going well; tomorrow we feel the opposite. Where did that good feeling go?

      What could be more unpredictable than our thoughts and emotions: Do you have any idea what you are going to think or feel next? The mind, in fact, is as empty, as impermanent, and as transient as a dream. Look at a thought: It comes, it stays, and it goes. The past is past, the future not yet risen, and even the present thought, as we experience it, becomes the past.

      The only thing we really have is nowness, is now

      Songyal Rinpoche

    • Analine Tsepal
      Message 921 of 921 , Aug 6, 2011

        SHANTIDEVA