empowerments

    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 30, 2009
      Often I read an announcement about an offering of an "empowerment" of
      some sort. (Yep, I just read a couple of these.) Of course I
      understand the dictionary definition of what that is, but often terms
      have other meanings in buddhism. Is this the case for the term
      "empowerment"? But also, what steps, activities, and/or commitments are
      involved in an empowerment? If anyone here has gone through an
      empowerment, what was it like? Did you feel different afterwards?
      Immediately afterwards? Or later, which you could attribute to that
      empowerment? Was it a dramatic change for you? Did you prepare for it
      in any way? I understand that often it's difficult to put some
      experiences into words-- words more clarifying than "it was great" or
      "good" or "recommended"-- but hopefully someone could find words which
      would distinguish this experience from, say, that of buying a new pair
      of athletic shoes. Any voices of experience here care to share?

      tia,
      ken

      --
      Without music, life would be a mistake.