Nothing wrong with quotes (was: Re: [Buddhism_101] Re: QUOTES V DISCUSION)

  • Cittamani
    Message 1 of 17 , Aug 1 4:05 PM

      Thanks Jody and all .  I post quotes for a variety of reasons.  The last quote was in reply to the person who asked for recommendations for their friend to read who was new to Buddhism. What better [IMHO]  than stories from Lord Buddha with commentary by HH DalaiLama.  The Jataka tales cover many points of Buddhisttheory in a way a child or uneducated person can understand as easily as a scholar. I hope the person asking understood the quote.

      Here is anoter quote which summarizes my general theory of posting quotes from masters instead of my 2 cents. [smile]

      "Better than a meaningless story of a thousand words
      is a single word of deep meaning which, when heard, produces peace. "

      -The Buddha, from the Dhammapada

      Love and clear light,

      Tara