anxiety

  • Mattscheck
    Message 1 of 5 , May 1, 2004
      So along with my depression, I suffer from anxiety. I am on daily anti anxiety medication. I just wanted to share with all of you and say that since I found Buddhism just the other week, and have been meditating daily, I have not needed any anti anxiety meds. :)  I am so calm, relaxed, and at peace. I can not tell of a time when I was like this before.  My husband has noticed big changes in me. He was worried at first when I started doing research  on the net about Buddhism, worried I was becoming manic ( I am manic/depressive) but now he sees that I have found what I have been searching for, for years now. And he does support me. He was actually looking up books for me on Ebay last night. I will not stop taking meds that I am on. I know I need those. But just to be able to not need anti anxiety pills for me is just amazing. To not be going into those anxiety fits, is so freeing. I am now taking refuge in Buddha, Dharma, and Sangha. And wonderful things are happening in my mind, my heart and in my life, b/c I see what a better person I can be and will continue to grow to be.

      Dianna
    • vorian@mail.com
      Message 2 of 5 , May 1, 2004
        This is wonderful, Dianna. Just wait. There is soooooooo much more.

        Message 3 of 5 , May 1, 2004
          Today was a good day. I needed to go to Wal-Mart. I was not even thinking about how bad traffic would be, I do not drive much because of anxiety. The freeway was bumper to bumper. So I repeated the whole way there I take refuge in Buddha, I take refuge in Dharma, I take refuge in Sangha.  It kept me so focused and calm. No anxiety attack and I was able to walk in the store with a smile on my face.

          Being spending the day absorbed in a book I got in the mail "What Buddha Taught"  I am loving it, can not get enough.

          Dianna
          This is wonderful, Dianna. Just wait. There is soooooooo much more.
          K/
          > So along with my depression, I suffer from anxiety. I am on daily anti anxiety medication. I just wanted to share with all of you and say that since I found Buddhism just the other week, and have been meditating daily, I have not needed any anti anxiety meds. :)  I am so calm, relaxed, and at peace. I can not tell of a time when I was like this before.  My husband has noticed big changes in me. He was worried at first when I started doing research  on the net about Buddhism, worried I was becoming manic ( I am manic/depressive) but now he sees that I have found what I have been searching for, for years now. And he does support me. He was actually looking up books for me on Ebay last night. I will not stop taking meds that I am on. I know I need those. But just to be able to not need anti anxiety pills for me is just amazing. To not be going into those anxiety fits, is so freeing. I am now taking refuge in Buddha, Dharma, and Sangha. And wonderful things are happening in my
          mind, my heart and in my life, b/c I see what a better person I can be and will continue to grow to be.

          Dianna

        • nancy lemke
          Message 4 of 5 , May 2, 2004
            ---
            dianne, that is wonderful. i can relate to your situation so much. i
            too take anxiety med and buddhism brings me such inner peace and i
            have changed so much. it is a blessing to be engaged in buddhism.
            namaste, nancy

            In Buddhism_101@yahoogroups.com, "Mattscheck" <mattscheck@c...>
            wrote:
            > So along with my depression, I suffer from anxiety. I am on daily
            anti anxiety medication. I just wanted to share with all of you and
            say that since I found Buddhism just the other week, and have been
            meditating daily, I have not needed any anti anxiety meds. :) I am
            so calm, relaxed, and at peace. I can not tell of a time when I was
            like this before. My husband has noticed big changes in me. He was
            worried at first when I started doing research on the net about
            Buddhism, worried I was becoming manic ( I am manic/depressive) but
            now he sees that I have found what I have been searching for, for
            years now. And he does support me. He was actually looking up books
            for me on Ebay last night. I will not stop taking meds that I am on.
            I know I need those. But just to be able to not need anti anxiety
            pills for me is just amazing. To not be going into those anxiety
            fits, is so freeing. I am now taking refuge in Buddha, Dharma, and
            Sangha. And wonderful things are happening in my mind, my heart and
            in my life, b/c I see what a better person I can be and will
            continue to grow to be.

            > Dianna
          • Mattscheck
            Message 5 of 5 , May 2, 2004