Fwd: [Dalai Lama Quote] Dalai Lama Quote of the Week

  • Namdrol Tsepal
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 6, 2003
      Tashi Deleg!

      Something to share again.

      With Metta
      Namdrol Tsepal,
      Tenzin Drolkar,
      Analine Choong

      >"If our own and others' welfare were totally unrelated and
      >independent of one another, we could make a case for neglecting
      >others' welfare. But that is not the case. I am always related to
      >others and heavily dependent on them, no matter what my level of
      >spiritual development: while I am unenlightened, while I am on the
      >path, and also once I have achieved enlightenment. If we reflect
      >along these lines, the importance of working for the benefit of
      >others becomes naturally apparent."-- His Holiness the Dalai Lama,
      >from 'The Compassionate Life', available from Snow Lion Publications.

    • Namdrol Tsepal
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 25, 2003
        Tashi Deleg! I am back to Singapore from Nepal!

        Here's something to share! :)

        With Metta
        Namdrol Tsepal,
        Tenzin Drolkar,
        Analine Choong

        >"Non-violence and peace do not mean that we remain indifferent,
        >passive. Problems and contradictions always remain. I believe that
        >as long as human beings remain, as long as human intelligence is
        >present, some kind of conflict, some kind of contradiction always
        >remains. If we look at contradictory or different ideas, they are
        >not necessarily negative. Even if we consider our body, many
        >elements co-exist. These elements oppose one another- they are
        >contradictory. Forces that contradict one another are the basis of
        >further development; things stay more balanced and that is healthy.
        >Therefore, as long as this smart human brain remains, some kind of
        >contradiction is always there. Even within one single person-
        >because of the power of imagination, the power of vision, you get
        >different ideas: in the morning something different, and in the
        >evening something different. There are big differences,
        >contradictions. Sometimes they are so great that, if one lacks the
        >ability to overcome them, even suicide sometimes can occur.
        >
        >"What we need is a method, a technique, to overcome these
        >contradictions. That is compromise. In today's reality the only way
        >to solve a problem is compromise. Since your interest is very much
        >related with others' interest, you can't sacrifice others'
        >interests. Therefore compromise, 50-50. Realistically speaking,
        >there is no possibility of 100 percent victory for oneself."
        >
        >--H.H. the Dalai Lama, from 'The Art of Peace: Nobel Peace Laureates
        >Discuss Human Rights, Conflict, and Reconciliation', published by
        >Snow Lion Publications.
        >

        >All we are saying is give PEACE a chance! Snow Lion is offering "The
        >Art of Peace" at 40% discount in support of the international peace
        >movement.
        >
        >To order call 800-950-0313 or visit www.snowlionpub.com/pages/ARPE.html.

      • Namdrol Tsepal
        Message 3 of 3 , Mar 26, 2003
          Tashi Deleg!

          Something to Share I guess we do need some kind of enourage sometime some
          where.

          With Metta
          Namdrol Tsepal,
          Tenzin Drolkar,