The Pot

  • SJ Garette
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 23, 2008
      Hi All,

      We shape clay into a pot, but it is the emptiness inside that holds whatever we want.

      (Tao Te Ching)

      Blessings,

      Jade

    • Steven Levey
      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 23, 2008
        Jade,
             This is a good one. From one point of view it shows the perfect maliability of Space and the limited flexability of its containors.
              The Voice of the Silence (The Book of the Golden Precepts) says: "one has to learn to "see" the emptiness of the seeming full, and the fillness of the seeming empty".

        Steve

        To: Buddhism_101@yahoogroups.com

        Message 3 of 3 , Dec 30, 2008
          --- In Buddhism_101@yahoogroups.com, SJ Garette <collies85@...> wrote:

          > Hi All,
          >
          > We shape clay into a pot, but it is the emptiness inside that holds
          whatever we want.

          > (Tao Te Ching)
          >
          > Blessings,
          >
          > Jade

          It is the emptiness that gives the pot it's value. :-) J.