Buddhists and atheism

  • Tamara
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 3, 2008
      Jade,

      In the technical sense, I think that Buddhists are atheists as there is no belief in a creator.  Most definitions of a god or of God are that he/she is the creator.  Even though I practice Buddhism, I do continue to believe in a creator, though I am re-thinking even that.  Then again, while I do practice Buddhism, I do not consider myself a Buddhist.

      Hope this makes sense....

      Peace to all,
      Tamara

      "Even after all this time, the Sun never says to the Earth, "You owe me." Look what happens with a love like that- it lights the whole sky." -- Hafiz