Refuge

  • SJ Garette
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 10, 2008
      Hello All,

      In taking refuge in the Buddha, we return home to the principle of awakening and trust the enlightening ones of the world to guide us, also radically trusting our own true, awakened self.  We return home to our deepest, kindest, most dynamic and open self, the self that is fully interconected and integrated with all others, beyond our conditioned prejudices about our estrangement.  This taking refuge is a psychological orientation and direction, and also the fundamental formal ritual and practice of Buddhism.

      (from Taigen Dan Leighton in Faces of Compassion)

      Blessings,

      Jade

    • SJ Garette
      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 20, 2008
        Hi All,

        I take refuge in the Buddha,
        the one shows me the way in this life,
        I take refuge in the Dharma,
        the way of understanding and love.
        I take refuge in the Sangha,
        the community that lives in harmony and awareness.

        (from Living Buddha, Living Christ, by Thich Nhat Hanh)

        Blessings,

        Jade