9965Re: wisdom from where? [was: Re: [Buddhism_101] Re: Jesus was Buddhist!]

  • bjpnest@aol.com
    Oct 2, 2008
      Jody,
      I saw the same show and heard the same story. I agree that it was nice to
      hear. It's been one of my favorites. Some stay with you like parables or
      Aesop fables. I also like the one where a monk carries a young woman across
      some water and his companion cannot stop thinking about it and reprimands the
      first monk who replies, "I put her down two miles ago, why are you still
      carrying her?" Or at least it's worded something like that. My other favorite is
      the one about the blind monk walking home with a lighted candle so that
      others wouldn't bump into him only to find out after being bumped that his candle
      has gone out.
      Bev

      In a message dated 10/2/2008 11:28:40 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
      jody@... writes:

      Last night I was watching the TV show BONES when someone told the story of
      the arrow. If you are shot with an arrow do you ask who shot you or where
      the arrow was made or do you remove the arrow. This is a Buddhist story and
      I was happy to hear it on a TV show. I don't know if the writer knew it's
      origin but it was col.

      JODY