8275Re: Topics and Misunderstandings (was Re: [Buddhism_101] To Ken and Mike regarding t

  • judy
    Feb 2, 2007
      Whenever I have the ability to detach a bit, I look at my anger,
      disagreements, as a sign that I am operating from ego. Those emotions
      always brings about a lack of contentment and peace for me so I am
      motivated to examine these reactions which cause me turmoil. What works
      for me is to remind myself that we are all the same though operating
      from different levels of awareness. Anger typically dissipates for me
      when I reflect that the person I am feeling anger toward is wanting the
      same peace and contentment as myself; it usually isn't personal and
      rarely has anything to do with me, but is their effort to feel good
      about themselves.
      Judy

      We have many disagreements. Do these
      disagreements pertain to the teachings or our own inner nature?
      Michael
    • Show all 10 messages in this topic