7485Re: dealing with people

  • nancy lemke
    Aug 2, 2006
      no attachment,,,i would call it getting older and wiser. as we age
      we realize that we can speak our mind and very clearly too. it is
      all in how you speak not what you say. it's in the genes too. i am
      just like my mom when it comes to being candid. when i was in real
      estate i was known for my being candid but i had to learn to be more
      diplomatic. but, as i get older i have learned to think before i act
      or speak. nancy

      --- In Buddhism_101@yahoogroups.com, danielle wilson
      <hairteazer2002@...> wrote:

      > Hey Nancy,
      >
      > What I find interesting is before I would avoid things like
      this. But now I find I speak my truth and I do feel I ask where is
      this coming from, is this right speach, or even any of my bussiness.
      But I am also speaking of shambahla training a lineage of buddhism.
      Before I would be terrified to be dealing with what I am dealing
      with my children, although standing up for them is by far easier.
      There are times to speak direct and I struggle with that. So I am
      wondering what is the attachment?

      > nancy lemke <richardlemke@...> wrote:
      >
      > hi danielle, anger and drawing a sword can come easy if we let it.
      > am also guilty of it sometimes. i try, my darnest, to stop first
      > and think about what i am about to do. then i somehow can realize
      > that it isn't worth it and it isn't what buddhism is all about.
      then
> [...]
      > i also have been thru some rough times and still am having
      physical
      > rough times even right now. it is easy to be defensive and not
      > compassionate...but worth the effort to be compassionate. namaste,
      > nan
      >
      > --- In Buddhism_101@yahoogroups.com, danielle wilson
      > <hairteazer2002@> wrote:
      > >
      > > Greetings everyone!!
      > >
      > > I sit here this morning in my usual routine scanning my messages
      > listening to my children debate what cereal is better, I live in
      > southern california and it is overcast (which I love) at the
      moment.
      > I only belong to a few boards, this is a new thing for me I am not
      > computer person but I have given it a shot. I have to say I love
      > reading ideas and thoughts of others and how this can invoke our
      own
      > ideas. Last weekend I visited my grandfather who lives in another
      > state and a very, very small town. Of course what a shock. There
      is
      > a deaf child who lives on his street, I thought if that child
      lived
      > where I live what oppertunities he would have. So watching the
      > locals and seeing their lives I left thinking I can understand how
      > being someone here who thinks outside of the box would have to
      leave
      > or just become numb. Again, seeing all the things around me how
      > blessed I am all the choices I have, stores, friends, freedoms to
      > really be who I want to be. So I belong to another
      > > board more metaphyisics baised and there was a debate while I
      was
      > gone on buddhism and enlightenment. I also live close to this
      > community of people and work with in the lines. So personally
      > knowing some of these people, this debate was heated and down
      right
      > nasty, not to mention these are not people who have really and
      > truely studied buddhism. I never get involved with this type of
      > situation, but it must have been my trip and coming home seeing
      > this, so I responded short and to the point. I used my compassion
      > but I also used my mind. My intent came from a healing stand point
      > but I have a difficult time with the directness. I have studied
      > warriorship and I am wondering has anyone else and do they feel
      the
      > same? Do you find it difficult with compassion and directness. I
      > love the warriorship, I am going through a difficult custody
      > situation my children have been harmed and I have no problem
      drawing
      > my sword for them but with my peers it seems different. Any
      thoughts?

      > > Namaste,
      > > Danielle

      > > See the all-new, redesigned Yahoo.com. Check it out.

      > Yahoo! Music Unlimited - Access over 1 million songs.Try it free.

    • Show all 7 messages in this topic