7480Re: dealing with people

  • nancy lemke
    Aug 1 1:37 PM
      hi danielle, anger and drawing a sword can come easy if we let it. i
      am also guilty of it sometimes. i try, my darnest, to stop first
      and think about what i am about to do. then i somehow can realize
      that it isn't worth it and it isn't what buddhism is all about. then
      i can retreat and find compassion. i used to be a ready fighter as
      i also have been thru some rough times and still am having physical
      rough times even right now. it is easy to be defensive and not
      compassionate...but worth the effort to be compassionate. namaste,
      nan

      --- In Buddhism_101@yahoogroups.com, danielle wilson
      <hairteazer2002@...> wrote:

      > Greetings everyone!!
      >
      > I sit here this morning in my usual routine scanning my messages
      listening to my children debate what cereal is better, I live in
      southern california and it is overcast (which I love) at the moment.
      I only belong to a few boards, this is a new thing for me I am not a
      computer person but I have given it a shot. I have to say I love
      reading ideas and thoughts of others and how this can invoke our own
      ideas. Last weekend I visited my grandfather who lives in another
      state and a very, very small town. Of course what a shock. There is
      a deaf child who lives on his street, I thought if that child lived
      where I live what oppertunities he would have. So watching the
      locals and seeing their lives I left thinking I can understand how
      being someone here who thinks outside of the box would have to leave
      or just become numb. Again, seeing all the things around me how
      blessed I am all the choices I have, stores, friends, freedoms to
      really be who I want to be. So I belong to another
      > board more metaphyisics baised and there was a debate while I was
      gone on buddhism and enlightenment. I also live close to this
      community of people and work with in the lines. So personally
      knowing some of these people, this debate was heated and down right
      nasty, not to mention these are not people who have really and
      truely studied buddhism. I never get involved with this type of
      situation, but it must have been my trip and coming home seeing
      this, so I responded short and to the point. I used my compassion
      but I also used my mind. My intent came from a healing stand point
      but I have a difficult time with the directness. I have studied
      warriorship and I am wondering has anyone else and do they feel the
      same? Do you find it difficult with compassion and directness. I
      love the warriorship, I am going through a difficult custody
      situation my children have been harmed and I have no problem drawing
      my sword for them but with my peers it seems different. Any thoughts?

      > Namaste,
      > Danielle

      > See the all-new, redesigned Yahoo.com. Check it out.

    • Show all 7 messages in this topic