5487Teachings..................

  • Kindnsruls@aol.com
    Oct 1, 2005
      For anyone in the DC/VA area....don't miss the extraordinary number of teachings taking place in our area over the next 3 weeks, beginning today!

      As the teachings with Khensur Rinpoche, listed below, come to an end, Kirti Tsenshab Rinpoche will be beginning Kalachakra DC on Capitol Hill.........(see kalachakradc.org)

      INVITATION TO PARTICIPATE IN THE FIRST WASHINGTON-AREA VISIT OF VENERABLE KHENSUR RINPOCHE

      We graciously invite you to a special teaching from a very learned Tibetan scholar and Tantric teacher and master.   The Guhyasamaja Centeris honored to host the visit of the Venerable Gyumed   Khensur Rinpoche Lobsang Jampa, the former Abbot of the Gyumed Tantric College,and his attendant of 26 years, Geshe Lobsang Dhargye.

      We   warmly welcome you to four public events organized duringhis week-long stay.  No advance registration is required.  Admission is free, although participants are encouraged to offer donations that will be used to make offerings to Khensur Rinpoche and the   translator.

      Khensur   Rinpoche will teach in Tibetan and the experienced Kalden Lodoe of Radio Free   Asia will serve as translator into English.

      This esteemed former Abbot is visiting through the generous efforts of Ribur Rinpoche and Lama Zopa Rinpoche who wish to encourage a resident teacher in the greater Washington metropolitan area. We only recently learned that the Abbot will spend this one week October 1-7 for a current visit, with possible plans to return for a longer future visit as a resident Lama to give teachings,   house blessings, pujas, ceremonies and other Dharma activities.

      For   more information, please contact Lorne Ladner at 703-791-3430 (maniwheel@...)or Betty Rogers 202-841-2864 (bettyrogers@...). Driving   instructionsfor all events available at mapquest.com.

      We greatly appreciate your interest and support in makingthis special visit and teachings possible within our community.

      PUBLIC EVENTS WITH VENERABLE KHENSUR RINPOCHE

      1. SATURDAY, OCTOBER 1, 1:00 pm - 5:00   pm:

      Teaching on Chapter 5, GUIDE TO THE BODHISATTVA WAY OFLIFE   (Bodhisattvacharya-avatara) by Shantideva (English translation available online at www.berzinarchives.com).

      Lutheran Church of the Redeemer
      1545 Chain Bridge Road
      McLean,   Virginia 22101?

      2, SUNDAY, OCTOBER 2, 3:00 pm-6:30   pm

      Teaching on Chapter 3, GUIDE TO THE BODHISATTVA WAY OFLIFE   (Bodhisattvacharya-avatara) byShantideva (English translation available online   at www.berzinarchives.com)

      Followed by picnic supper

      Home of Lorne and Terry Ladner
      8120 Ericka   Drive
      Manassas, VA Telephone 703-791-3430

      3. WEDNESDAY, OCTOBER   5, 7:30 pm - 9:30 pm:

      Puja Ceremony and prayers for the victims of Hurricanes Katrina and Rita Home of:
      Hiep and Shep Lowman
      3101 Chichester Lane
      Fairfax, VA 22031

      4. THURSDAY, OCTOBER 6, 7:30 pm- 9 pm:

      Opening session of 5-part series (taught every other Thursday Oct.  6-Dec 1)
      Cultivating Positive Emotions with area psychologist and   Guhyasamaja Director Lorne Ladner (based on his book, The Lost Art of Compassion). Dr. Ladner will co-teach the opening session with Khensur Rinpoche.   (To register for these classes, call the Unitarian Church at 703-892-9061; only $25 for the full series of 5 classes.)

      Unitarian Church of Arlington
      4444   Arlington Blvd.
      Arlington, VA 22204