      Sent: Friday, October 01, 2004 1:03 AM
      Subject: [Buddhism_101] Online course and nearby Dharma center

      I found a correspondence Buddhism course I liked the looks of even better than the last I sent to the list. This one includes a good deal of text, CDs with audio, CDs with guided mediations, and the course has 14 modules in all. The price is about $60 for each module, and you get a lot with each. Plus, this org is associated with Dharma centers around the one, one of which is in my area! The one in my area teaches module 8, which is on integrating the teaching into daily practice and meditations.

      I’m stoked.

      Here is info on the Discovering of Buddhism at Home course info:

      http://www.fpmt.org/dbhome/default.asp

      They also have retreats, videos, and all kinds of other stuff. See if there is a Dharma center near you:

      http://www.fpmt.org/centers/default.asp

      Dana Nourie

      Writer/Photographer

      http://www.kelpcritter.com