13689Re: [Buddhism_101] temple

    May 15, 2014
      I agree completely with Ken, John, and Larry and would only add that
      Tantra, while very rewarding, is a very difficult path and not something
      to be gone into without long and heartfelt consideration, especially as
      many of the general public-- in my experience, anyway-- have an overly
      sensationalized and quite inaccurate view of what Tantric Buddhism is
      actually about. After studying, taking, keeping, and truly living the
      Bodhisattva vows for a time, if they are found beneficial, then, given
      this manner of mindfulness, Tantra can be considered.

      On 05/15/2014 09:08 PM John Pellecchia pellejf@... [Buddhism_101]
      wrote:
      > Excellent response, Ken. I was about to write one but I doubt I could
      > have said it better.
      > “There are only two days in the year that nothing can be done. One is
      > called yesterday and the other is called tomorrow, so today is the right
      > day to love, believe, do and mostly live.” H.H. the 14th Dalai Lama
      > On Thursday, May 15, 2014 9:00 PM, "Ken M klegshe@...
      > [Buddhism_101]" <Buddhism_101@yahoogroups.com> wrote:
      >

      > I think you'd find that your sexual preference means nothing in any good
      > temple or group. My temple was started by a lesbian couple in Dayton,
      > OH. I am straight and, I believe most others in the temple are, but,
      > also, there are several gays and couples. It, simply, is irrelevant in
      > the study of Buddhism.
      > There are many websites that give lists of temples in any area. Try:
      > http://www.buddhanet.info/wbd/

      > To: buddhism_101@yahoogroups.com
      > From: Buddhism_101@yahoogroups.com
      > Date: Thu, 15 May 2014 13:44:53 -0500
      > Subject: [Buddhism_101] temple
      >

      > As a gay tantric Buddhist, I am eager to learn if there is a temple
      > in the Chicago area where there will be those who share my interests.
      >
      > Shanti! Shanti! Shanti!
      >
      > pbtantra@... <mailto:pbtantra@...>
      >
      > --
      > I ask to be no other man than the man that I am

    • Show all 5 messages in this topic