13506Re: [BuddhistWellnessGroup] good loss, merciful death

    Mar 27, 2013
      What medical measures do most people want for themselves and loved ones
      at the end of life? Then, what of those same medical measures do
      doctors overwhelming choose...? (Hint #1: They're completely different.
      Hint #2: The doctors choose the same as what Master Des counsels.)
      This podcast from Radio Lab (one of my favorite radio shows) goes into
      the reasons and details.

      Download and/or listen to the podcast:
      <http://www.podtrac.com/pts/redirect.mp3/audio4.wnyc.org/radiolab_podcast/radiolab_podcast13doctors.mp3>

      If you want to view the responses spoken of in the podcast in the form
      of a chart and find links to related material, go to this page:

      <http://www.radiolab.org/blogs/radiolab-blog/2013/jan/15/bitter-end/>

      The chart should really be done in colors which are strikingly
      different, rather than shades of grey. It's clear though when you
      notice that the answers (the vertical bars) are in the same order for
      every question/selection.