135Re: [Buddhism_101] Meditation and Therapy

  • Karen
    Jun 2, 2003
      Dear Frayleen,

      I sounds like your therapist is suffering from an overly scientific mind.  This tends to limit one from using techiniques that are not strictly western (ie: psychology) and in fact, limits their growth and unfortunately, the growth of their students.  She also seems a bit controlling.  It seems you have two choices, but with in those choices are sub choices.

      !.  Give up your practice.  Not something I would recommend nor do I think anyone on this group.  Now, you can simply not mention to her anything about your practice.  I would not recommend this tact to anyone who was truly trying to get something out of therapy; however, it seems you are simply trying to complete a course of learning.  In my opinion, she is not a very understanding therapist and here you have already learned something.  I am sure in your practice of psychology, you will never do that to a client.

      2.  Give up your studies.  Again, I would not recommend this.  I am sure you have put a great deal of time and effort into your courses and to give up now would seem a shame.  Is there anyway to get a new therapist?  Can you tranfer to a new school?  Maybe the type of therapy is not to your needs or liking.

      Just some thoughts.  I hope they are helpful.

      Namaste'
      Karen

      "Existence needs you. Without you something will be missing in existence and nobody can replace it."  Osho

      Do you Yahoo!?