      From: Jigme Choder

      Sent: 01/13/13 07:07 PM

      To: Buddhism_101@yahoogroups.com

      Subject: Re: [Buddhism_101] New Member

      Hi Ken M/. Thank you for your welcome!
      My initial teachers were Sri Lanken and Thai Bhiksu’s. I then met Chogyam Trungpa Rimpoche, purely by accident and, as a result, ended up at Samye-Ling in Scotland. He moved to America, as you know, I did too but to Berkeley California. From then on I only saw Trungpa Rimpoche twice, three times if you count his funeral, but, by then I had not spoken to him for a good 20-30 years.
      You say : “I'll have to admit, that in the last few years I have not followed the practice very closely.” May I ask why? Curious about that remark because I am wondering what, at this point, you think of Tibetan Buddhism and Buddhism in the West.   Also I hope that your physical problems are not too great? And. Can I ask what Dharma center you are referring to?

    • Show all 29 messages in this topic