      -----Original message-----
      From: Don <donald_e_mathews@...>
      To:
      Buddhism_101@yahoogroups.com
      Sent:
      Fri, Sep 2, 2011 21:35:19 GMT+00:00
      Subject:
      [Buddhism_101] Re: Meditation, Concentration and Mindfulness

      Just to clarify; I have no idea about the previous conversation. I am a new Buddhist and new to this group. I saw tm mentioned and mentioned it as part of my question but I am not defending or criticizing and I am not asking a question about TM! Sheesh! My question was unrelated to the previous conversation and was about meditation and concentration and mindfulness. What are the similarities and differences. This is a perfect example, I think, of how destructive wrong speech can be. Someone said something that they should not have (I have no idea if it was too harsh or untrue) and It was upsetting and clouded Right View. Now; I have looked over some of the documents you have posted and I see that I am on the mark. There is a doc stating the 4 noble truths and when talking about the 8 fold path they do seem to lump together these three ideas. They are close to one another. That tells me that my experience with these things have not been too far off what other Buddhists experience when they practice Buddhism. So all in all I think answering my own question was probably good for me.
      With Bows, Don

      --- In Buddhism_101@yahoogroups.com, "levey_steven@..." <levey_steven@...> wrote:

      > Hello
      > I've been following along the previous discussion on TM and it is an odd thing when someone tries to, seemingly innocently, ask questions about comparison and contrast of doctrine, and then proceeds to carry on only in defense of their own. And I agree that since no one is lacking in the Buddha Nature, they deserve a listening to.
      > This has always been the problem with sites such as ours where folks can come and go while hiding behind their anonymity. However, I have for one wouldn't have it any other way. After all, isn't the first of the Paramitas-charity?
      >
      > Steve
      >
      > Sent via DroidX2 on Verizon Wireless™

    • Show all 11 messages in this topic