13298Re: Meditation, Concentration and Mindfulness

  • Don
    Sep 1, 2011
      Thank you for your thorough reply. I am really focused on Buddhism 101 basic fundamentals right now. In the 8 fold path there is Right Mindfulness and Right Concentration. Meditation is put in the Right Concentration category but I feel concentration and meditation are really two different mental states. I also feel Right Mindfulness is very similar in that after meditating awhile you realize that mindfulness is like a form of meditation. That is your mind may focus on what you are perceiving, thinking, feeling but it gets distracted from time to time exactly in the same way that one can focus on one's breath but get distracted from time to time. I also think that the main benefit of both is the awareness one gains of the impermanence of self. Please correct me if I am misunderstanding anything.
    • Show all 11 messages in this topic