1284Re: Where?

  • ponce_yanez
    Jun 1, 2004
      --- In Buddhism_101@yahoogroups.com, Peckabigail@a... wrote:
      > Nancy,
      >
      > What need is met for you by reading the posts from this list?

      Speaking for myself, I don;t consider wanting to communicate with
      others an obstacle. I enoy reading the posts. I have learned of
      good Dharma resources and have enjoyed the insight of others. I
      think that's just part of community. One of the problems with a
      personal philosphy is that it may get so personal you never share
      with anyone. Then no one benefits from an exchange of ideas.

      My greatest obstacle is selfishness, or self-gratification. I used
      to struggle with drugs, alcohol, and carnal lust. these things are
      not running my life any more. Buddhist studies are the reason I
      have been able to transform myself so that I am not obsessed by
      needing a rush of any kind. I am a broken person seeking
      wholeness. Maybe this list may put me in contact with others who
      can share their experiences. Maybe I can take assume their wisdom
      without having to suffer through the lesson myself. Just my .02

      Metta,

      Ponce
    • Show all 14 messages in this topic