1132Re: anxiety

  • nancy lemke
    May 2, 2004
      ---
      dianne, that is wonderful. i can relate to your situation so much. i
      too take anxiety med and buddhism brings me such inner peace and i
      have changed so much. it is a blessing to be engaged in buddhism.
      namaste, nancy

      In Buddhism_101@yahoogroups.com, "Mattscheck" <mattscheck@c...>
      wrote:
      > So along with my depression, I suffer from anxiety. I am on daily
      anti anxiety medication. I just wanted to share with all of you and
      say that since I found Buddhism just the other week, and have been
      meditating daily, I have not needed any anti anxiety meds. :) I am
      so calm, relaxed, and at peace. I can not tell of a time when I was
      like this before. My husband has noticed big changes in me. He was
      worried at first when I started doing research on the net about
      Buddhism, worried I was becoming manic ( I am manic/depressive) but
      now he sees that I have found what I have been searching for, for
      years now. And he does support me. He was actually looking up books
      for me on Ebay last night. I will not stop taking meds that I am on.
      I know I need those. But just to be able to not need anti anxiety
      pills for me is just amazing. To not be going into those anxiety
      fits, is so freeing. I am now taking refuge in Buddha, Dharma, and
      Sangha. And wonderful things are happening in my mind, my heart and
      in my life, b/c I see what a better person I can be and will
      continue to grow to be.

      > Dianna
    • Show all 5 messages in this topic