BBnB 60(2.17b)-Natural Liberation Through Naked Vision, Identifying Intelligence

  • ghanabhutii
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 30, 2006

      Hi Folks,

      Recently we spent part of our time in BBnB with a form of Analytical Meditation on a text. With the Emphasis on Buddhist Texts and practices aimed at fathoming Mind, this meta-poetic verses from Padmasambhava* can be used in conjunction with the One Breath and extension into Analytical Meditation to find your own Experience.

      It is important to read the previous Email that contains HHDL's Explanation of Mind in the Gelug Tradition of Mahamudra. HHDL also covers the extraordinary Range of meanings that the term 'Mind' carries in many cultures.

      After reading HHDL's text, find some time for yourself, read this poem and then, experience it in Meditative Thought.

      This is not only Subtle. It is Joyous.

      We will meet Monday at 10 PM
      in The Buddhist Discussion Room to Practice the Three Prajnas in consideration of these two remarkable texts.

      Namaste and Shanti,

      GhanaBhuti

      *Padmasambhava also known as 'Guru Rinpoche' was the Great Yogi who, along with Shantarakshita and Kind Trisong Detsen established Buddhism in Tibet during the Eight Century.

      * * * * *

      The Natural Liberation Through Naked Vision, Identifying Intelligence

      Last Paragraphs by Padmasambava, from
      'Essential Tibetan Buddhism'
      by Robert A.F. Thurman; p. 263

      Be sure mind's nature is groundless voidness;
      Your mind is insubstantial like empty space-
      Like it or not, look at your own mind!

      Not fastening to the view of annihilative voidness,
      Be sure spontaneous wisdom has always been clear,
      Spontaneous in itself like the essence of the sun-
      Like it or not, look at your own mind!

      Be sure intelligent wisdom is uninterrupted,
      Like a continuous current of a river-
      Like it or not, look at your own mind!

      Be sure it will not be known by thinking various reasons,
      Its movement insubstantial like breezes in the sky-
      Like it or not, look at your own mind!

      Be sure that what happens is your own perception;
      Appearance is natural perception, like a reflection in a mirror-
      Like it or not, look at your own mind.

      Be sure that all signs are liberated on the spot,
      Self-originated, self-delivered, like clouds in the sky-
      Like it or not, look at your own mind!...

      Vision-voidness natural liberation
      Is brilliant void Body of Truth.
      Realising Buddhahood is not achieved by paths-
      Vajrasattva is beheld right now...

      Therefore, to see intuitively your own naked intelligence,
      This natural Liberation Through Naked Vision is extremely deep.
      So investigate this reality of your own intelligence.

      Profound! Sealed !

      Ema !

      *Ema or E maho is an Exclamation of Wonder and Utter Bliss

      We Dedicate any Merit this Group and
      These Discussions Accumulate to the Benefit
      Of all Beings and thus to Highest Enlightenment

      * * * * *

      If you do not wish to receive these mailings,
      simply reply to this email and change the subject to 'Remove.'
      I have no desire to darken anyone's email without their permission. - gb

      \